Windows 8

Alles über SongBeamer, das sonst nirgendwo hineinpaßt
Antworten
hajo

Windows 8

Beitrag von hajo »

Nachdem mein Laptop den Geist aufgegeben hat, durfte mir einen neuen Rechner mit Windows 8 kaufen.

Läuft Songbeamer auch auf einem Rechner mit Windows 8 64-bit?

Gruß
hajo
Sebastian
SongBeamer Team

Beitrag von Sebastian »

Ich hab bisher nur unter Windows 8 x32 getestet, sehe aber keinen Grund, daß es unter Windows 8 x64 nicht gehen sollte. Wenn du noch irgendwo ein Windows 8 Problem entdecken solltest, dann gib uns bitte Bescheid. Das wird dann natürlich behoben.
Gruß, Sebastian
Borderlander

Beitrag von Borderlander »

Hello, perhaps this should be in the English, but I came across this thread while doing a Google search.

I have been unable to install SongBeamer on my Windows 8 64bit machine. I have tried both my laptop and my desktop--both Windows 8 64 bit.

It goes through most of the installation process without a problem. It then freezes/hangs on the final install screen. The install progress bar finishes going all the way to the end, then everything just stops. I've let it sit there for a long time, but nothing changes. I cannot minimize, cancel, or close the window.

Eventually I have to close it in the Task Manager. It then closes immediately, and then the final window comes up saying the install is finished and asks if I would like to start SongBeamer.

When I try to start it then, it appears to be working, then nothing ever happens. SongBeamer appears in the Task Manager, but it never shows up anywhere else or opens.

I have tried installing and running it in almost every compatibility mode--uninstalling and rebooting the computer after each attempt. I've tried the Windows troubleshooters. Nothing has made any difference.

I have both .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.5 activated on these computers. Both computers have most of the same software installed. SongBeamer did work previously with Windows 7--and the same additional software on the computer. I have had only one other program have issues with Windows 8.

Please let me know if there is anything I can try.

Thank you
Sebastian
SongBeamer Team

Beitrag von Sebastian »

We're installing Windows 8 x64 right now and see if we can reproduce this.
Gruß, Sebastian
Sebastian
SongBeamer Team

Beitrag von Sebastian »

There is a problem with the English Trial version. Please install the following update on top of it.
http://www.songbeamer.de/bin/SongBeamer ... _Forum.exe

If you're getting an error like "An error occurred while trying to replace the existing file: DeleteFile failed; code 5." while installing the update then you need to kill the running instance of SongBeamer using the Taskmanager or restart your PC.

We'll create a new trial as soon as possible.
Gruß, Sebastian
Borderlander

Solved!

Beitrag von Borderlander »

Thank you very much. Just installed that on my desktop, and it worked!
schipa
Beitrag von schipa »

Sebastian hat geschrieben:Ich hab bisher nur unter Windows 8 x32 getestet, sehe aber keinen Grund, daß es unter Windows 8 x64 nicht gehen sollte. [...]
Sebastian hat geschrieben:We're installing Windows 8 x64 right now and see if we can reproduce this.
Hallo Sebastian,
ich wollte mal nachfragen, wie die Ergebnisse der Windows 8 (x32 und x64) Tests sind, ob SongBeamer (deutsche Version) auf 32 und 64-bit Windows 8 stabil läuft.

LG Pascal
Sebastian
SongBeamer Team

Beitrag von Sebastian »

Es sind in der aktuellen Version keine Probleme mit Windows 8 bekannt.
Gruß, Sebastian
Antworten